The church is the body of Christ. As such, we are committed to Christ (Romans 10:9) and one another (Hebrews 10:24-25). Ephesians 5:18- 21). Under the chief shepherd, Jesus, the leaders of the church cast vision, equip believers for ministry, and lead the faith family to provide accountability in lifestyle (James 5:19-20) & doctrine (Acts 17:11; Hebrews 13:17). Together as the church, we live on mission (Acts 2:42-43) and exercise generosity (Acts 2:44-47).
WHAT IS OUR COMMITMENT AS MEMBERS?
CHURCH TO MEMBERS
- Gospel - We will faithfully believe and share the gospel together. (1 Corinthians 15)
- Community - We will care and live in community with one another. We will protect the unity and integrity of the church. (Hebrews 13:7)
- Mission - We will live on mission together. We will faithfully steward the resources of the church toward mission and serving our community, state, country, and world. (Acts 1:8)
MEMBER TO CHURCH
- Gather - Participate faithfully in worship. (Hebrews 10:24-25) / Serve through the church. (Matthew 20:28)
- Grow - Know others and be known by others in community group. (Romans 12:4) / Commit to a lifestyle of repentance and growth. (Ephesians 4:11-17)
- Go - Live on mission. (Matthew 28:18-20) / Give sacrificially. (2 Corinthians 8:1-15)
How do i become a member?
- Attend Discover Northside (sign up for the next one here).
- Get involved in a community group (find one here).
- Meet with an Elder or Servant Leader to discuss membership. (Share your salvation story and story of baptism, ask questions about Northside, discuss areas of service and community group involvement). You can set this up by emailing Chris Renfro at email@example.com.
- Fill out the Northside Church covenant here.
- Participate in Member Affirmation.