(Pg 19 in Discussion Guide). Download full Discussion Guide here.
- Have a group member read Exodus 1:1-7 aloud.
- In Acts 7, Stephen stands before the Sanhedrin and delivers a sermon which summarizes the history of the nation of Israel. Have another group member read Acts 7:1-18 aloud.
- What is the hardest season you have ever had to endure?
- In Acts 7:5-7, what do you learn about the Egyptian captivity? About the hope Israel held?
- Have a group member read Genesis 1:28 aloud. How does this verse relate to Exodus 1:1-7? What does it indicate about the faithfulness of God?
- During the 400 years of waiting in Egypt, what do you think the Israelites thought regarding God’s promise of the land of Canaan? Regarding God’s character?
- Having to wait is part of being human, but waiting through trial and hardship is particularly difficult. Have a group member read 2 Peter 3:8-9 aloud. How does it relate to Israel’s situation in the opening lines of Exodus? How is it relevant to your current circumstances?
- What trial is currently keeping you in waiting? Is it sinful to want our times of trial to be short? Why or why not?
What attribute of God did you see in this week’s passage that particularly struck you? How should it change the way you pray, think, speak or act this week?