MEMORY VERSE: 1 Peter 2:16
Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as
servants of God.
• What is a silly reason you’ve been disciplined in the past?
• Who is a charitable person you’ve admired in the past? Did the publicize their service or was
it just a common part of their life?
Read 1 Peter 2:13-17 as a group. Keep your Bibles open to the passage so you can refer to it
through the evening.
• Reflect on verses 13-15. What thoughts does this passage bring to mind?
• How difficult is it to understand this passage? How difficult is it to accept this truth>
• What are some reasons that a Christian must subject themselves to authority (see the
beginning of verse 13 especially)
• Reflect on verse 16. How would you explain the freedom we have in Christ to someone that
thinks Christianity if restrictive?
• Have you seen Christian freedom abused? How does that fact interact with verse 15?
• Reflect on verse 17. Of the 4 exhortations, which is easiest? Which is hardest? Which do you
need to put into practice or intensify?
• What truth reveled in the passage do you need to take with you this week?
• What must you do about it?
• How can we help you do it?
• Do you want someone to help you stay accountable with this application?
What attribute of God did you see in this week’s passage that particularly struck you? How
should it change the way you pray, think, speak or act this week?