MEMORY VERSE: 1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.
• Most of our “habits” are formed at a very early age, have you ever had a habit that
you have changed or started in your life?
• Did you notice any immediate change in your life when you became a Christian?
Read 1 Peter 4:1-11 as a group. Keep your Bibles open to the passage so you can refer
to it through the evening.
• What do you observe to be the overall “theme” of this passage?
• Reflect on verses 1-2. What thoughts does this passage bring to mind?
• What does Peter mean when he says “since Christ suffered in the flesh, arm
yourselves with the same way of thinking”?
• Reflect on verses 4-5, it describes that the life changes associated with following
Christ can lead to surprise or difficulty with those who knew us in our pre-
Christian days. Have you ever experienced anything like this? What perspective
does Peter share in verse 5?
• Reflect on verses 7-11. List the characteristics that Peter describes as keys to having
good relationships with others. Which one of these are you strongest at, which
one are you weakest at?
• How do you define Biblical hospitality? List 1 practical way you can show hospitality
without grumbling or complaining.
• Verses 10-11 describe using our spiritual gifts to serve others. How can / are you
using your spiritual gifts for God?
• What truth reveled in the passage do you need to take with you this week?
• What must you do about it?
• How can we help you do it?
• Do you want someone to help you stay accountable with this application?
What attribute of God did you see in this week’s passage that particularly struck you?
How should it change the way you pray, think, speak or act this week?