MEMORY VERSE: 1 Peter 4:10 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace.
• Have you ever had a time in your life where you “took the high road” when you were
wronged? What about a time when you “repaid” a wrong that had been done to
• Can you think of the most Godly person that you know? What makes them that way?
Read 1 Peter 3:8-22 as a group. Keep your Bibles open to the passage so you can refer
to it through the evening.
• Reflect on verses 8-12. What thoughts does this passage bring to mind?
• What are the 5 characteristics that Peter summarizes in verse 8? Are there any of
those that initially catch your attention? Why?
• Read Matthew 5:38-42, how do Jesus’ words here help explain verse 9? How does
this look practically in our lives?
• Reflect on verses 13-17. What is Peter saying here?
• Why might a non-believer be more willing to listen to someone who is willing to suffer
for “doing good”?
• Do you feel prepared to give an account for the hope that is within you? What would
• How do you share with gentleness and respect, while avoiding the temptation to “just
• What truth reveled in the passage do you need to take with you this week?
• What must you do about it?
• How can we help you do it?
• Do you want someone to help you stay accountable with this application?
What attribute of God did you see in this week’s passage that particularly struck you?
How should it change the way you pray, think, speak or act this week?