MEMORY VERSE: 1 Peter 2:12
Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you
as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.
• What is a contest or an award you’ve won?
• What places or situations make you feel like an outsider?
Read 1 Peter 2:9-12 as a group. Keep your Bibles open to the passage so you can refer to it
through the evening.
• Reflect on verses 9-10. What thoughts does this passage bring to mind?
• What is unclear or confusing here? What part is clearest?
• Reflect on verses 11-12. Peter speaks to an audience of ”sojourners and exiles.” How is this
pertinent to your understanding of the passage?
• Why do you think we are commanded to abstain from carnal passions, rather than to
• In what ways to you think your life is commendable by unbelievers?
• What truth reveled in the passage do you need to take with you this week?
• What must you do about it?
• How can we help you do it?
• Do you want someone to help you stay accountable with this application?
What attribute of God did you see in this week’s passage that particularly struck you? How
should it change the way you pray, think, speak or act this week?