Memory verse: 1 Peter 1:6-7
In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
- What is something you used to worry would get broken, lost or stolen?
- Is there a difficult time in your life that you wouldn’t change even if you could?
Read 1 Peter 1:3-7 as a group. Keep your Bibles open to the passage so you can refer to it through the evening.
- Reflect on verses 4 and 5. What thoughts does this passage bring to mind?
- How does the fact that your salvation is kept secure by God Himself affect your everyday outlook? Does it change your perspective or prompt you to any particular action?
- Reflect on verses 6-7. How would you explain this truth to someone that is going through a trial?
- Do you find this truth helpful or hard to accept in your current season of life?
- What truth reveled in the passage do you need to take with you this week?
- What must you do about it?
- How can we help you do it?
- Do you want someone to help you stay accountable with this application?
What attribute of God did you see in this week’s passage that particularly struck you? How should it change the way you pray, think, speak or act this week?